Last Saturday Brendan and I were on the bed rolling him over onto his tummy to play. But for the first time ever I didn't have to roll him onto his back because he did it himself! I was surprised, but thought I must have just been leaning the mattress, so I rolled him back over to his tummy and he did it again! After that he was too tired to try again. The next day he did it a couple more time and has been doing it a few times every day ever since. Today we tried it on the floor without any give from the mattress and he rolled right over three times. It is so cute to see him think so hard about it. He uses the weight from his head to get himself started and then uses his arms and legs to go the rest of the way.
I tried to get some video of him doing it, but got so caught up in encouraging him that by the time he rolled over the camera wasn't aimed at him anymore! We will have to try the camcorder again tomorrow.
I am so excited to see him growing, though I do miss my little, little baby boy. And now we have to finish baby proofing!
8 months ago
I am so excited to finally be able to leave a comment. That is so exciting Brendan rolled over. Last weekend when I was home Lindsay rolled over, but we haven't been able to get her to do it again. She hates being on her tummy so she just cries. Brendan sure is CUTE! I can't believe he is getting so big.
ReplyDelete